Tuesday, December 11, 2012


Hurricane Sandy survivors, who received temporary housing assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and continue to have a housing need, must fill out an important form for additional short-term rental assistance.

FEMA mails all applicants who receive rental assistance the “Declaration for Continuing Need for Rental Assistance” form. It reaffirms that applicants have an ongoing need for temporary housing while they search for a permanent place to live.

This form is mailed 15 days after applicants receive their initial rental assistance grant.
Applicants who need additional rental assistance must complete the form and mail it back to FEMA at the address printed on the form.

If you don’t have the form, contact FEMA’s toll-free helpline 800-621-FEMA (3362).

No comments:

Post a Comment