Wednesday, June 19, 2013


Yesterday I attended a CLE on reverse mortgages sponsored by Tradition Title Agency.

A reverse mortgage is actually called a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM). It is a FHA program and, in my opinion, may not be completely explained in the commercials I see on television. Some basic information about them, the costs, eligibility, etc. can be found at these links which I found to be helpful:

HUD - Frequently Asked Questions about HUD's Reverse Mortgages

WIKI - Reverse mortgages in the United States

Another interesting fact I learned is that not all banks are offering reverse mortgages.

No comments:

Post a Comment