- available for owner-occupied, primary residences where the resident owners' and their spouses income is less than $500,000
- exempts the first $30,000 of the full value of a home from school taxes
- provides an increased benefit for the primary residences of senior citizens (age 65 and older) with qualifying incomes
- exempts the first $63,300 of the full value of a home from school taxes as of 2013-14 school tax bills (up from $62,200 in 2012-13)"
- Homeowners will not have to register in order to receive their 2013 STAR exemptions.
- Homeowners will not have to re-register every year. Based on the information provided in the registration process, the Tax Department will monitor homeowners' eligibility in future years."