Wednesday, March 3, 2010


Yesterday, I was a Volunteer Lawyer for the Nassau County Bar Association at a foreclosure clinic at Nassau County Supreme Court. This "clinic" was designed to prepare homeowners for upcoming mandatory settlement conferences. I want to start a discussion again regarding foreclosure in the hopes it may assist homeowners. I have also made several posts on my Facebook page. First, when you are served the foreclosure papers, viz., the summons and complaint, file and serve an answer within the proper time frame even if you do not have an attorney. This will at least put you in a position of not being in default, can slow down the process and give you time to think. If you want or can get an attorney later, a motion can always be made to amend your answer but again: Lesson No. 1 - WHEN SERVED WITH PAPERS, FILE AND SERVE YOUR ANSWER, EVEN IF YOU DO IT ON YOUR OWN. You can easily search on the Internet on how to do it or ask the court clerk for a form.


  1. Thank you Jon for contributing your time and experience to those who need it most in this financial maze of foreclosures.

    I know that we are all here to network as is what it is, but, it is much sweeter with the package of care and concern. Good for you.

    Warm regards,
    Venetia Rahal

  2. Hi:

    Thank you and it's a honor for me to help others.

    Jon Michael Probstein, Esq.
    Phone 212 972-3250
    Fax 212 202-6495


    Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this message or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.